Children’s Capital of Culture 2025
Children's capital of culture
As the Creative Producers of Children’s Capital of Culture Rotherham 2025, 64 Million Artists are working to ensure co-creation and the voices of children and young people are at the heart of the exciting initiative.
Rotherham will be the world’s first Children’s Capital of Culture in 2025.
Over the last year we’ve been working with the council and steering group to develop the strategy, whilst providing creative opportunities for children and young people on the ground to shape the collective vision for 2025.
Through conversations, action research and exploratory workshops with children, young people and the adults in their lives, together with the council we’ve:
- Co-designed a theory of change and strategy of engagement
- Engaged relevant stakeholders and developed appropriate governance structures
- Developed an initial ‘holding’ brand and website that is engaging and participatory
- Designed frameworks for children, young people and the adults in their lives to share their vision for 2025
- Co-designed a programme of opportunities for 2021/2022 (including the launch)
We are currently looking for a Young Photographer, and a Young Videographer to document the next 12 months of creative action! To find out more, and apply for these paid roles, click on the link below.
Would you like to hear more about our work in Rotherham, or pledge your support towards creating the world’s first Children’s Capital of Culture 2025? Get in touch, and sign up to our newsletter below for the latest information!